Tuesday 2 June 2009

The Universality Of Emotion

Hmm...what to talk about tonight? Well, first off:

I got sunburned!!!

It has been a rather lovely few days in sunny old Britain, and I can actually say that minus the usual sarcasm that accompanies that statement.

I hugged Oliver today :-] He felt all warm and soft, it was a good moment.

I also spoke to "Him" today for a while as well. Just talked, nothing more, it was nice. :)I miss spending time with him; he is a really lovely person as well as being extremely attractive.

So a good day on the whole, despite my throbbing sunburn. I did put sun lotion on, but as the old saying goes:

Only mad dogs and Englishmen,
Go out in the midday sun

And I am an ENGLISHMAN

Shall I indulge you all in a few more facts about me, a few of my favourite things? Go on then, I hear you cry :

1. My favourite cheese is Port Salut
2. My favourite curry is a lamb balti madras
3. My favourite crisps are Roast Beef flavoured monster munch
4. My favourite poet is John Keats
5. My favourite flavour of ice cream is pistachio or caramel
6. Little more obscure: My favourite psalm is psalm 9, why? I dunno :)
7. My favourite photographer is Steve McCurry
8. My favourite artists are: Peter Doig, Alberto Giacometti, Mark Rothko and Vasily Kandisnky
9. My favourite sci-fi authors are: Orson Scott Card and James Clemens
10. My favourite classic writers are: Dickens or Homer or Thomas Hughes
11. My favourite Disney character is Dodger in Oliver and Company
12. My favourite film is one called "Beautiful Thing", it is the cutest film ever
13. My favourite piece of choral music is Rutters - Magnificat - Gloria Patri :)
14. My favourite composer is Chopin
15. My favourite shop is Borders
16. My favourite animal is the CAT!! :-]
17. My favourite car is the MINI
18. My favourite chocolate is either Galaxy or Maltesers
19. My favourite aftershave is Paul Smith - Story
20. Dunno if I have said this before but my favourite number is the number 3 :-]
---
So, that's 20 things that I like. I wonder if any of you like the same things?

There has been a thought that has plagued on my mind over the past couple of days. I want to be with someone...to hold them...kiss them. Alas.

On the positive, we think that we have found the new house and we should be able to get it in the next 2 weeks!! So that is quite exciting

Well, a bit of a disjointed post this evening.

Love,
J xxx

11 comments:

  1. 1 OK but I think Brie has it for me
    2 Deff!
    5 Fish flavour or dbl choc magnum
    12 Xtremly gd choice
    13 again, pretty gd yeah
    16 Dog
    17 Ours
    18 Yorkie or 50% cocoa dark choc bars
    20 prob 70 coz it's the length in feet of the narrowboats we used to have.

    Oh and when R U going to exchange links with any of my blogs? It'd be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha :)
    The Mini is indeed ours!!

    I had meant to link you, but never got round to it...it has been done now :-]

    Love,
    J xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Good choice
    5. A company here makes a caramel ice cream they call "dulce de leche" and I think it has replaced chocolate chip as my favorite. Then I think of peach. But coffee is the choice when it's not a special occasion.
    6. 103 is pretty good. And 117 in Mozart's setting in the Vesperæ Solemnes de Confessore. But I don't really have a favorite.
    14. Give me Beethoven.
    16. Yes! Yes!! YES!!!
    19. Vetiver by Carven. I allow myself a couple of drops at Christmas and Easter because I don't think I'll ever find another bottle of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a well rounded young man I dare say.
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bloody cats league setting up here. Huh!

    Thanx 4 joinin n linkin 2 Smutty - http://soitsgettingbetter.blogspot.com/ might keep you tickled as well (K Dodd) but then someone ws asking about yr sunburn n I don't want to pry, U understand, but where did U get burnt? I mean on yr bod? Only the truth now!

    Well, sorry - but these things do come up you know (he he!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "There has been a thought that has plagued on my mind over the past couple of days. I want to be with someone...to hold them...kiss them. Alas. "

    Yeah me too D:

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha!

    I got sunburned on my arms and my face. Not any where too painful. I remember once I went on holiday and my whole chest and stomach got burned, not very nice.

    I think we all want someone just too cuddle! :)

    I think we should start a cat appreciation society!!!

    Love ya all!!

    J xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog - enjoyed the picture of you that it gives. Hope all goes well with the move and with Mum
    love
    Baz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Joe,
    I hope everything is working out with you, your family and the move.

    I'm also looking forward to a new post from you and a continuation of the Alexander story. :)

    Later,
    Lunario

    ReplyDelete