Friday 29 May 2009

Its not all chocolate and caviar

Well. It was one of those days!

I think, first I will give you some background information. You may remember that I said that my parents were divorced. Well, they each have a new partner. My dad married a nice woman although she really bugs me sometimes. They have been married for about 8 years I think, they have had two girls, aged 4 and the little one, who is about 16 months old.

My mum has been with an Indian man for 10 years and they have also had two children, a boy and a girl. The boy, my brother is 9 years old and my sister is almost 7.

Anyway.

Whilst my father and my stepmother have a good relationship, the same cannot be said for my mum and her partner. They argue all the time, normally it gets very heated, although it has never resorted to violence at least not while I've been there. :-/

Recently they have been arguing more and more and my mums partner has threatened to kick her out on several occasions. This always ends in tears, normally hers. I get left to pick up the pieces, not fun! So, it has finally reached the point where my mum is actually leaving. We have seen some houses, and one looks good. Fingers crossed we can get it. I worry that it will fall through though. :-(

The next few weeks will be tough for sure. The move, adjusting and the money. We are not that wealthy and we are really going to struggle to be able to afford the house. My mum hasn't got any family living near us. The closest relative is in Wales. They are the only people on my mums side that we talk to. She has other brothers and sisters although I have never met them, and mum hasn't spoken to them for almost 25 years. So no help there :/

My dad said that he will help, even though they are divorced they are still friends. So that is a positive.

I'm just worried, I feel as though something will go wrong and we will be back to square one again.

Also, my mum drinks. She always has done. My biggest fear is that she will drink herself to an early grave or if she gets depressed (which she has done in the past) that she could...you know... well doesn't bare thinking about really.

So, yesterday. That is what I wanted to talk about. Sorry for the long winded, quite depressing story. I probably put more than you wanted to know. Sorry bout that. I just need to get some things of my chest. Perhaps if I write about them, then the answer may become clearer. Who knows?

Well, she was pretty distraught last night. Cried for ages. Said some things that I won't repeat but it was a tough night. She started packing her bags. It was not pleasant. I convinced her to listen to her partners suggestion. I get on well enough with him, despite the fact that he is an absolute nob. He was prepared to compromise, she was too upset to reason clearly, so I had to coax her out of her state to listen to what he had to say. In the end they seemed to agree on what to do. It is a good compromise. Hopefully things will begin to improve.


Well. Sorry for that everyone. I didn't mean to ramble on about my problems.

I will try to post some happier things.


Love,
J xx

12 comments:

  1. You are very good to try to help. But don't think that it is your job to keep them together. They are the adults, and it is really their responsibility. If the compromise works, that will be good. If it doesn't, maybe it is best for them to separate. Don't feel that you have failed or are to blame if that happens.

    Good luck.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with NG... (who, like bob, always seems to have good advice)
    Also - feel free to ramble - it's your blog after all...

    Have a great weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah, sorry you're going through all that. It certainly can't be fun. Maybe they'll split and she'll become happier. Never apologize for writing about how you feel. There's nothing wrong with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a good thing what you're doing - stepping in and helping out as much as you can. Like Naturgesetz said, it's their responsibility to work things out and it's their decision to make. All you can do is support which one they make.

    Don't worry, things will always get better, just give it time.

    Jonathan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear that and my thoughts are with you... I have experienced this only one and a half year ago for the second time in my life and it's tough at first.
    However, if there is only trouble and pain left in the relationship of your mum and your stepdad, then it's best to part ways, for both you + your mum and your stepdad.


    Love,
    Lunario

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sucks. It's tough being caught in the middle of some of those situations, I know.

    Do the best you can to settle everyone down, and just do the best you can with the rest of the situation.

    Oh, and don't feel ashamed to post the deep personal stuff on your blog - thats what your blog is FOR - people will comment and give you advice.

    I hope and pray that you guys get the house and everything works out.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Life sucks some times

    but ten it all goes good

    Sebastian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Joe. I just found your blog.

    Big hugs for you for putting up with what your Mum and her Partner are going through - at least you seem to be able to talk to everyone involved.

    I live in Derbyshire but grew up in the Midlands. Still have family there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone for your kind words and support they really mean the world to me!!!

    Love you all loads,

    J xxxxxx :]

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’ve already seen a bit from your blog, but the other Joe recommended it today, so I look at it again and I’m really sorry for you. I’m only comment because I want to say I wish you all the best in these tough times.

    ReplyDelete
  11. aargh. i feel a complete heel for reading this so late on.

    just wanted to say that i really sympathise with you for the difficulties you're going through. hope things work out ok.

    no one your age should have to deal with this kind of stuff. the 'adults' should be able to sort it out amicably themselves. but sadly the real world is not like that, and all too many people your age - and younger - are thrown into situations like this and have to pick up the pieces.

    try to keep a level head and not to let it get you down.

    *hug*
    torchy!

    annd btw like Seth says, you post what you like. this is an opportunity for you to get stuff off your chest that you may not want to talk to real life people about.

    ReplyDelete