Tuesday 20 October 2009

Alexander part 4 (ii)

This part of the story marks the start of the blossoming relationship between the two, and is the moment when Josh finally realises what has been staring him in the face all day.

***
It was so obvious now that I thought about it. All the times he had asked about the guys in my class, showing no interest in the girls. Those sneaky glances throughout Chemistry at me and my more delicate areas. These glances I had completely dismissed, but now that I thought about them, they seemed to leap out from my mind and materialise themselves before my very eyes.
"So, what have you got in your sandwiches?" He asked, trying to change the subject as it was about to wander into realms that he did not want to enter.

Did I have feelings for him too? Was that why all those things had been happening to me all day? It would certainly explain why I couldn't stop thinking about him. I wasn't able to concentrate in any of the lessons. I sat there like a lemon, looking at his face in my minds eye, or sometimes actually physically staring at him. When he noticed this in Chemistry, I was so transfixed by his hair that I was about to pour the chemical solution all over myself. He had just smiled and said, "Careful Josh, you might spill that."

"Anyone home?" he asked me, and I realised that I had again ignored is questions concerning my sandwiches. He knocked on my head in a joking sort of manner that usually accompanies such phrases. But as he did so, I suddenly grabbed his hand as it touched my head. He jumped, but my hand had already slid into his. This, I must say was completely involuntary. Then, when I realised what had happened, I found myself, fingers interwoven with the new boy under a tree in the golden sunshine. It seemed as though I was in a dream. My brain was still giving me weird convoluted signals. One said remove your hand at once, as you are both boys. But another, stronger voice was telling me of perfection.

"Err, Josh?"

"Yes?"

"What are you doing?"

"I don't really know." I said. I didn't know what was happening.

We sat like that for a moment or two, then I turned and looked right into his deep brown eyes, and then for the first time in my life, everything felt right.

"Alex."

"Josh?"

Suddenly, I had the most clear and powerful urge I have ever felt. I knew what I had to do, it was as though all the light of heaven was dancing upon his delicate face. I brought my other hand up to his face slowly, and stroked his cheek. It was soft and smooth. He blushed.

"Josh, what are you doing?" I brought my finger to his lips.

"Shhh," I said. Then I did something that I never, even in my wildest dreams, thought I would do, but it was though I was being controlled by some higher being. I slowly brought my head towards his. My heart beat a thousand times a second and I felt butterflies swooping and swarming in my stomach. Closer and closer our lips became until, my lips suddenly and softly touched Alexander's. Electricity seemed to dance between our entwined lips. I felt as though I were floating, suspended in a sea of ecstasy and light. Our kiss lasted but a moment, but it was tender and light.

When I brought my lips away from Alexander's, he looked as though all his birthdays and Christmases had come all at once. He threw his arms around my neck, and I buried my face in the crook of his slender shoulder.

"Oh Josh," he sighed. " I never thought I would ever meet someone like you."

As we sat there wrapped in each others arms, I finally gave in to the voice that had been calling me all day. It was the voice of my heart and I let it sing. Some people say that love comes through years of working on a relationship, but the love that I felt for Alexander wasn't that sort of love, it was a deep powerfully emotive love, that surfaced almost immediately. Love at first sight is the only way I can explain it. Even though I had only known Alexander for but a few hours, I felt as though I had been searching my entire life to find him. It felt so right to touch him, to kiss him. How could I possibly ever let him go?

"I don't really understand what is happening. But I know that I don't ever want to be away from you," I whispered into his ear.

"Does it matter, I have finally found the boy I have been searching for. Oh Josh!" He said, and kissed my cheek. I pulled back and looked into his deep chestnut eyes and felt all my problems melt away, like twigs blown in a breeze.
***


Well guys, there you go. Tube (or TUNE in -- thanks Rowan for spotting that one!) in for the next installment, which you may like to here, gets much more exciting!
Lots of love,

Joey xxx

4 comments:

  1. amazing, can't wait for the next one!
    i will definetely TUBE in...
    sorry, couldn't resist ;)

    cheers,
    Rowan

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was wonderful. Are we getting another instalment soon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Joey ,It`s just woouuuuu !!!
    I loke it cuz it`s so powerful and strong , but at the same time tender and gentle , dont know how to explaain it but woow

    ReplyDelete