Saturday 1 August 2009

My Holiday!!

Well, my little Cherubs! Hello, Bonjour, Salut and all the rest of them. Long time no write on my part.

Well, it wasn't all my fault. I didn't quite realise which part of France we were coming to, and it turned out to be a very southern part of France, down by Avignon. Where we stayed, a small village just outside Nimes, there was no Internet connection at all. To get one would have meant going into Avignon or Nimes, and possibly using the library or something. And as my family still don't know, I didn't think telling them I wanted to blog about all the cute French Boys was a good idea. So unfortunately I wasn't able to blog, for the whole period, but I wrote a few posts and did some bits and bobs, which I can now post all at once and you get lots of things. How lovely for you!!! :)

Well, then! What a holiday I had, it was quite Lovely! The weather on average was above 30'c everyday, which was perfect for lounging about by the pool, with a good book soaking up some much needed rays and chilling out. With all the shit that has been going down recently in my family, some chillaxing time was very much appreciated.

I have a tan!! Hahahahaaaa!!!! Wohhoooooo.
The reason I am so excited is that I never get a tan normally. When I go on holiday, normally one of two things happens, and they are thus:

1] I come back looking just as pasty as I did when we left Britain, I think that is because I am conscious of getting burnt (see reason 2), so I slather myself in sun cream and then don't tan because I am too well protected. Ugh

2] I BURN!!!! I don't know why I am so susceptible to burning. But I am and when I burn, I really burn. It is nasty. Granted it does go brown once I have peeled, which tends to be about 2 weeks after I get back, most inconvenient. And looking like a tomato in front of all my friends is not an appealing thought.

But I TANNED. Haha, so happy bunny am I.

We stayed, as I said in a small village just outside Nimes. It was a nice little town and there was Plenty of Cotes de Rhone wine, which I have a newly found liking for. I don't know if it is a good thing or a bad thing that I now like wine. It may lead down the twisty turny route to alcoholism! Hehe, oh well, I suppose I can now call myself a real teenager (by today's standards at least), as we are compelled to drink some form of Alcohol. :)

So, the town had several lovely little restaurants which we ate in, and we went to loads of different restaurants around and about the region. I certainly ate some new and interesting things. Some of the weirder were:
Taureau - Bull
Calmar- Squid (which was really nice, not rubbery as one might think)
Oh and not weird but UBER tasty - Creme Brulee, which I had no less than 5 times at different restaurants during our stay. The best one came out still on FIREEEEEEEE!! Exciting stuff, although I must say that the waitress looked slightly scared that she would set something else on fire. Funny though, and very tasty.
The weirdest thing? Caviar of Aubergine, served on French toast, it looked like a pile of shit, but tasted unusually nice. I think I must be a bit mad to like it, but hey ho!

We went to the beach on several occasions. I am such a beach person! I love lounging on the sand watching the world go by, and swimming in the sea is so much better than a pool, although having our own pool was mighty fine! We checked out the local stuff as well, and sea-side towns do have the best shops in my opinion.

In the evenings we entertained ourselves with games:
Monopoly
Scrabble
Boggle - Legend game
Cards - mainly Gin Rummy, and occasionally Bastard Brag or Cribbage (Which I despise!)

I read 5 boooks as well whilst I was in France and they were:
Oliver Twist - Charles Dickins
Tess Of The d'Urbervilles - Thomas Hardy
Centre Of My World - Andreas Steinhofel (I recommend it to everyone, who likes a sweet gay story!)
The Raw Shark Texts Steven Hall
The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho

Tres Bon!

What else is there to tell you lovely people? I think that is all the general holiday gossip. I will post more detailed accounts of certain incidences that you may enjoy reading about shortly. And yes, I suppose I should tell you about all those YUMMY French boys that I saw all the time.

Well, check back again very soon.

Oh, and if you have any questions...ask!! :)

Love and kisses,

Joey

xxxx

7 comments:

  1. Ooh tan. *jealous* :P

    Sounds like you had a good time. I'm glad. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey glad you had a great vacation!! Welcome back.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smashin' account to start to give us a feel!
    Thank you!

    Yeah - red wine is great! Caviare of aubergine - what is? ?

    Do you wanna tell us about where you stayed (with it's own pool? wow!) and your room and stuff prhaps.? ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, while U were away . . .

    I moved Smutty Stuff so there's now a new URL:
    http://smuttystuff2blog.nibblebit.com/

    Please could you change the link in your blog list?

    Thanks!

    Oh and - would you like a link from Smutty?

    ReplyDelete
  5. aha! bienvenue sur, er, votre retournee a blogworld or something.

    sounds like you had a fab holiday, i love the south of france and having a tan sounds pretty damn good to me.

    red wine = good for the health
    caviar = bad for the wallet
    creme brulee = culinary orgasm and my fave dessert :P

    torchy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. There used to be a slogan for Jell-o gelatine desserts, "There's always room for Jell-o." I've pretty much decided that there's always room for creme brulee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your holiday sounds exactly precisely like what mine is :)

    ReplyDelete