Thursday 21 May 2009

Abstract thoughts

I dunno why, but I have been really into poetry the last few days. I'm reading "Lamia", by John Keats, and I thought that I would post a poem I wrote today. It is quite abstract and I don't really know what I was feeling when I wrote this, but its deep and a bit different.


Fallen Galaxies


The Soul of my world toils over
turbulent seas and endless darkness
barren expanses stretch forever
beneath untold crowds of silent watchers

Gliding slowly searching for a trace
lost by countless falling dancers
telling of great golden cities torn asunder
by greying lamentations of a silent moon

Tales of old Kings and changing Gods
slip unknown from wandering bards
travelling nameless passages of light
under blank canopies of fallen stars.



This poem, means something...not sure what but I know it does.


Love you all,


J xxx

4 comments:

  1. joe

    heck if i know what it means, take care and be safe

    bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Yeah, it's deep. But, it's also beautiful!
    I don't like poetry at all, I can't be doing with with all the "what do you think he/she meant when they said..." stuff. lol!

    I really like this poem though. Maybe because it's short, or simplistic, or... I don't know, but please write more. It conjured up some powerful images for me. You're very talented Joe!

    Take care,
    Col

    ps. you might want to change an 'n' for a 'l' in 'endness' ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've no idea what it means either, but i like it, and it conjures up quote a vision.

    and i liked the poem you posted prior to this.

    torchy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wwowowowwww:P
    hi there xoxo
    I think thy poem is quite good , I really can`t understand what it means , jeje , anyways it`s incredibly nice , I love the words that thee used , awsome :P:P
    Julien Ekdhal :)

    ReplyDelete