Friday 15 May 2009

Beauty

Beauty is a fickle thing.
Those who are beautiful are those who are admired, longed after and loved. We live in a soceity where beauty denotes a sense of power and of wealth.

But what is beauty? I believe that it is not something that we can touch or grab hold of. We see the effects of beauty. We cannot hold beauty in our hands but we can hold something/someone who is beautiful in our hands. At the moment it is interesting to hear people on the television or the stage described as "beautiful". But how can we quantify beauty? Is it something that we can measure by the number of sexual partners we have? Or perhaps it is defined by the number of friends we have, either in the form of friends we see everday and are really close to, or those whom we are friends with on facebook. Maybe it is simply the effect that we have on other people. You could say that the person you fancy and fantasise about is a beautiful person. But this then highlights another question. Is one person absolutely beautiful? Is one person beautiful in every sense?

I would have to disagree. For one person, their idea of beauty may be completely different from the opinion of another person. I think that it all depends on personal preference and choice. I think that the boys depicted below are beautiful, but many might disagree with this.

But why?

Is it something to do with our genetic makeup, that attracts us to a certain type of person, either boy or girl. Even though I am gay, I most certainly think that many girls are extremely beautiful or stunning. But male and female beauty are two different things.

Ancient peoples thought that the true attribute of beauty was symmetry. The Taj Mahal is categorically a very beautiful building. This is widely though to be due to its almost perfectly symettrical shape. This had led people to argue that this must mean that people with symmetrical features are beautiful people. Physiologists have also argued that women with a waist to hip ratio of 0.70 are beautiful.

Male beauty. What can I write about this? I can only give you what I think consits of a beautiful boy. The criteria are as follows :]

I think that the first thing about a boy I notice is their hair. I love hair, I think that it defines a person. I have to say that I find floppy hair the most attracitve, whilst I have to say that boys with spikey hair have a certain "je ne sais quois"! Next comes the eyes. Hazel are my personal favourite, however, any boy with magical eyes that seem to draw you in is beautiful in my books. The rest of the face would have a flawless quality about it, with full lips and a subtle not overly pointed or bulging nose. After the face comes the rest of the body. I think that any body that is in proportion, not overly chubby is good. And of course, a nice bum is called for!!

Well, thats about it. quite a long one today. Hope you didn't mind my little rant! I'll try to write more on this topic soon. Keep checking! Im going to try and post as often as I can.

I will leave you with a few pictures of a few beautiful boys



Peace out!

J

6 comments:

  1. I agree on what you said about beauty.

    I would also say that you always have to distinguish between being attracted to someone, or just thinking someone looks beautiful.
    There are so many people I know that look great, but still I feel attracted to only very few of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I completely agree with that.
    Do you think then that there is a correlation between beauty and attractiveness? Or do you think that physical beauty only comprises a percentage of overall attractiveness?

    :-]

    Love,

    J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm sure that you usually consider someone to be beautiful when you are attracted to him or her.
    But generally speaking, your chances are higher that somebody feels attracted to you when you look "nice" for there are certain criteria that make a person handsome like not being too plump, having a nice face, nice hair etc.
    Then you add those things that you as an individual like on other people's look, like maybe blue eyes, long hair or whatever... that's attraction from my point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely put!! :D

    I think that each person has his or her own certain criteria, as you say, that they find attractive. Personally I think that brown eyes and blonde hair is attractive. I think it is really interesting how we are attracted to different people for differnt reasons.


    J x :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's interesting what you said about a guy's eyes - and, of course, his bum - being so important.

    I have a piccy blog http://smuttystuff.blogspot.com which is all about 'cure' and 'boy next door' No hunks or jocks!

    We ran a poll to ask what folk looked for in a boy . . . they answered overwhelmingly as you have.

    So I try hard to get nice eyes looking at you and, obviously, sometimes nice cocks and bums.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I'm Ethan and trying to learn more about b/c I'm interested in your blog

    though this post is old it applies to me

    Right now in school I have a crush on a guy who by all standards would be considered ugly and even I admit that but when I look at him I think he is kind of cute too. So as the saying goes, "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder"

    ReplyDelete