Wednesday 20 May 2009

Dreams

What do we dream about? Well, I certainly know that at the moment I dream of being with someone. I dream of waking up to see their smile and kiss their cheek. This poem I wrote a while back talks about my dreams of someone. But I think the underlying message is that even these dreams are simply dreams:

A Dream Of A Dream

I wake longing for your haunting touch
my thoughts unkissed by your tenderness
lie in tatters beneath a blank canvas,
your ethereal light, golden in my eyes
wanes, shadowed by a purple sunrise
whilst slender fingers slip from mine
leaving nothing but the ghosts of my
unending, enduring dreams of you.



What do you all think?


Loads of love,


J xxx

5 comments:

  1. I like this poem and your Alexander story as well. Apparently you like creative writing. Keep at it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it, you captured that moment in time when the real that is the dream becomes a mist and vanishes from the conscious leaving us with a longing for what we can't remember

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, that early morning moment when reality hits. You capture it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joe

    you do write well but how does your dream explain nightmares

    take care and be safe

    bob

    ReplyDelete