Monday 11 May 2009

my epipahny

You know, if you are gay that there is a moment in your life, during the "realisation" period, where you have an epiphany. A moment when you suddenly realise that you are gay. It is a wonderful but also scary moment. Mine went like this:

It was last year, and I was playing hockey... I do like hockey! I forget who we were playing but I remember that they were good, and there was this one player on their team who was just so CUTE!! I couldn't take my eyes of him, (probably not good as he was an opponent). But anyway, I carry on playing hockey despite gazing at him as often as I could. But then we conceded another goal, and I was taken substituted off as I wasn't playing very well (I wonder why?!). So I was sitting on the bench watching the match play out in front of me. I distinctly remember that he had really really nice legs, anyway, I was sitting on the bench when suddenly. BAM!!! It hit me:

"Oh my God," I thought, "I'm fantasising about him...I really am GAY".

It was really weird, because I'd known for a good 3 years that I had no interest in girls what so ever. But to just realise this was a real shock.But I think that my brain had been sort of suppressing the realisation of this fact. I was in a state of denial. I think like most people when they are coming to terms with their homosexuality, the realisation that you are different and that you like the same sex is a big shock. It certainly was for me!

This moment was the real turning point for me. It was after this moment that I fully began to understand what my feelings were and what it meant. Prior to this I had been quite comfortably imagining getting a wife and starting a family. Even though at the back of my mind was this little thought. "But you don't like girls". I had not accepted it before. But now I had to. And I have not looked back.

I am so happy to be who I am.


But anyway that is the story of how I realised that I am GAY. :-]

Love.
J

4 comments:

  1. I feel just the same about families.
    I really want to have children and just a normal family when I'm older - just with another man instead of a woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... It is still hard for me to understand that I will probably not have a family at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last November I made a post titled "Self-Awareness" in which I told of that moment in my life. I was not happy with it.

    Whether or not one is happy with being gay, it does mean rethinking your expectations. And it invites serious consideration about how you should live your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hockey?

    you play hockey in England?

    wait... how can you see his legs? is it feild hockey?

    ReplyDelete