Friday 22 May 2009

I wonder....

I have this friend at school, let us call him Oliver (hhmm I like that name..). We are quite good friends, he is in my German and Mathematics set. I like him. He has bright blond hair and blue eyes. He is quite attractive. He keeps hinting to me, whether I am over imagining or looking too much into them I don't know, but I have a sneaking suspicion that he may be gay, or bi. He had a girlfriend for almost a year, someone who I am quite close to also. She is a lovely girl :]

Anywhoo..today before my German Exam [which I aced], he walked down to where we were all standing and as per usual I greeted him. Then he said

"Hi, is was going to grab your ass but you turned round." Interesting no?

Then I chuckled nervously, although I don't think anyone noticed. We also call each other "babe" but in a strictly jokey way....or is it!??

I wouldn't say he was a particularly effeminate boy, but he is not overly masculine. He always blipped on my "gaydar" -- if it even exists --. But today I was certainly intrigued more than normal.

So, I decided to go out on a limb......
Got you guessing eh??

Ponder and guess whilst looking at these cuties:








Hehe, did I keep you guessing?

Well, it was nothing serious, although it was very pleasant.

We were walking up the stairs and I held out my hand, wondering if he would take it. He did. No hesitation, no confused look. Then I wondered how long he would hold on for. It was all the way up and round the corner. To me it seemed like quite a long time, for a straight boy to hold on. We were chatting as well and laughing.

"Why are we still holding hands?" He asked, eventually.

I just smiled.

So, I think there may be more to Oliver than meets the eye. Although the eye does not go wanting. Hehe, I like that phrase its cute.

The more I think about this, the more it seems to be a quite plausible hypothesis:
Yesterday we were playing "footsie."
Instead of high-fiving or just saying hello, he always hugs me in greeting.
We frequently wink at each other, I don't even know why?!
As I said he calls me "babe".
The jokes he comes out with, seem to often involve homosexuality or something similar.
Apart from his previous girlfriend, I haven't seen him looking at any girls.
Oh!! At our prom, he insisted on dancing with me for a brief period.
He complements me quite a lot.
This may be looking to much into it, but I think he gives me "that" smile. I hope you understand what I mean by that :]


Well everyone...that's the story for today!! :D


It would be really nice if Oliver turned out to be gay or bi.

*fingers crossed*



Love,



J xxx

12 comments:

  1. It's great that you maybe have a gay or bi friend in your real life.
    But whether he eventually turns out to be gay/bi or not, you still have a good friend and that's also worth a lot.


    Und schön, dass deine Deutsch-Arbeit gut gelaufen ist! ;)


    Love,
    Lunario

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, lovely post. Best wishes. Me-thinks it is time to ask him to do something with you outside of class. Doesnt have to be gay at all, just "let's hang out together Saturday"...without other hangers on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto Lunario & aron2631. Lovely story Joe. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :)
    Well done on aceing (spelling?) your German exam!

    Have a great weekend,
    Col

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting. Very inconclusive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds awsome. Hope all goes the way your crossed fingers are hoping for.

    Bombadil

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmm. would suggest for you to go for it.
    but the problem is, he still has a girlfriend. if he goes for you, that's like asking him to dump her for you.

    just be as close as possible to him.
    if things dont work out, you'll soon have yourself a boyfriend. otherwise, you still get a best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. joe

    i would definitely build on this and do you spend time together outside of school. If not maybe you should plan some event or outing in which he can be free and hope fully give you more signals

    but he does sound nice and we do all need friends so keep him around you and holding your hand

    take care and be safe

    bob

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, great post! Very interesting; I really enjoy the way you write and I linked your blog to mine, I hope you don't mind!

    Jonathan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds great!
    I wish I had something like that

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. whatever his orientation, i think it's great that you can express your friendship/affection in a physical way, without other people screaming 'homo' at you both, like they would have done in my day.

    idk if i'll find out anymore about him later in the blog, but it sounds like a promising long-term friendship if nothing else.

    torchy!

    ps. awesome eye in the first pic

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI THERE
    I`ll keep my finger crossed for you :P
    good luck :P
    xoxo
    Julien E

    ReplyDelete
  12. Today, I was just idly looking around google for a picture to describe a character for a story I had just started this morning, and happened to click on one of the pictures above. Here I am reading this great journal entry, and I can't help the small smile rising to my face.

    You remind me of what I have in mind for my main character, and Oliver as the other. ;D
    While writing the song that I've been listening to on repeat reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nPAZCVlMPE&feature=autoplay&list=PL9ACF790404F32C1F&lf=mh_lolz&playnext=35

    Though, I am sad to see that this was written in 2009, the impact is still the same. :)
    I'm wondering how things with "Oliver" turned out.

    Goodluck in life, and I wish you the best.
    -xoxo Gossip Girl

    (lol, sorry. I had to :P)
    Bye ^u^

    ReplyDelete